Average wall materials and render are both excellent at giving your walls a nice finish, but they can sometimes need an additional layer of support if you reside in Brisbane’s less temperate parts. This is where a protective coating layer can be used by a licensed technician to bulk up on your wall’s durability. Therefore, a protective coating is a coat that is applied to your wall, whether it is rendered, plastered, or bagged, to give it extra protection against the elements. Acrylic paint is painted on as an extra layer of protection to any surface of another material with the intent of shielding it from corrosion or other ageing elements. An experienced rendering specialist in Brisbane will know about its application requirements based on your existing structure. The coating could be made of several different types of paint, sometimes it can be metallic or non-metallic, but ultimately is all used as a protective coating in several different methods and it can be used for many other purposes besides corrosion prevention. It is also a popular form of wall protection because it can be applied on a number of surfaces including a wall that has been treated with expert rendering or bagging.
What is protective acrylic-based coating?
Acrylic coatings are used for architectural purposes, and they have a range of applications including decorative purposes, exterior finishes and as a material to coat industrial goods. Paint, rendering and other property surface service companies in Brisbane use acrylic coatings as the preferred protective measure because they are tough and excellent at colour retention when exposed to outdoor conditions. It is a low budget, but high-quality and durable coating option and its popularity is only going to grow for Brisbane residents. Contemporary trends have seen the shift toward waterborne acrylics for protective coating because it has added environmental benefits. Now, that we have a basic understanding of what it is, here are a few coating components that contribute differently to its durable performance over the years as exterior protection on actual buildings.
Benefits of acrylic-based protective coating
- It has excellent protective properties. The recipe for making it has a strong coating core that can be characterized by the acrylic emulsion polymer formula itself. It contains all the properties you need to protect your walls like water resistance, impact and tear strength, flexibility, adhesion to a given substrate, and overall durability
- It holds onto colour much more effectively. Over the years, the technology surrounding acrylic coatings has matured to include extender pigments in the formula. Once you find a professional technician in Brisbane will only use the highest quality materials to ensure that this is the case. These provide bold colour, UV blocking, fire resistance and maintain colour for longer because they enhance abrasion resistance. Just like normal paint used for render coating techniques, it can also provide storage stability so that a coating stays in a uniform blend that can be applied consistently and efficiently in the field.
- It is flexible and therefore is less susceptible to cracking. Acrylic-based paint has the added advantage over other types because it has plastic mixed into the formula. Plastic is a hardener but also a stretchy material, and that means it provides double the benefits of other non-acrylic based coatings. They are tougher against wear but also bouncy enough to avoid cracking in the paint.
How much does protective acrylic-based coating cost?
Generally, paint and rendering technicians in Brisbane charge per square metre of application. The coating is made of a specific type of paint that must be sourced from a trusted brand but that means the number of square metres of your wall will determine the amount of material required. You are free to use our paint over render calculator to get a better sense and then compare it with quotes from paint suppliers.
Why you should use a licensed professional to apply an acrylic-based coating?
As with all wall surfacing and protection systems, improper installation will have a negative effect on the expected performance of even the most high-quality coating product. The protective coating is a technical system that should involve quality materials, appropriate installation specifications and most importantly, a qualified technician to uphold the expected standard in Brisbane. Quality renders and paint contractors, like those on the team at Rapid Rendering, will intend on applying a protective coating that is long-lasting, cost-effective, weatherproof, and maintain the material manufacturer’s requirements for optimum performance. Given the costs and risks involved in safeguarding the property and people on residential and commercial projects, coatings customers should carefully assess how a technician qualifies based on various business and workmanship standards in Brisbane that include:
- Verifiable and trackable work history of the contractor company
- Appropriate project and client reference like your own
- Comprehensive bonding and insurance limits
- Training and industry certifications earned
- Safety and quality assurance, warranty, and guarantee programs