Home improvement plans that are after an entirely different look on a budget can benefit from house rendering in Brisbane. Your exterior walls make up a significant portion of what will be seen by casual passers-by and otherwise and having them rendered is a stunning solution that can also offer protective benefits. There are different ways to render your walls in this region and they all come with their own application requirements. This guide is a short snapshot to help you decide what type of render might be best for your home.
Four different ways of house rendering
Cement rendering remains one of the most traditional types of house rendering in Brisbane. It has a reputation for strength and durability and that makes it the favourite pick. It is the simplest way to achieve the smooth finish desired by many home decorators. Cement rendering is easy to mix on-site and much less complicated to apply.
Benefits of cement rendering
- It is one of the most durable ways of house rendering
- Most cost-effective solution
- Materials are readily available and easy to apply for renderers
- Provides good weather and environmental protection to the walls
- Cement rendering can be customised by painting over the render
Disadvantages of cement rendering
- Cement rendering that isn’t applied professionally has the potential to crack
- Requires regular maintenance and painting
- Does not offer similar breathability
Acrylic rendering is similar to cement rendering, but it contains acrylic plastic in the application mix. This means that it offers additional durability, and it is more flexible than cement rendering. That also means it is less susceptible to cracking or wear and tear after time. It does come at an additional cost and you can get an estimate using our handy calculator tool.
Benefits of acrylic rendering
- Acrylic rendering can fill up cracks and fortifies the walls
- Acrylic rendering mixtures can come in a wide range of colours and textures
- End up with a silky-smooth finish to your exterior walls
- Chances of cracking are minimized
- Water-resistant properties that protect your walls from seepage
- Quick-drying properties that make the application process easier
Disadvantages of acrylic rendering
- Much more expensive than cement rendering
- Not suitable for all types of walls including raw brickworks
- Extensive wall preparation is required
This is one of the newer ways of house rendering and it also offers more modern benefits. Polymer rendering is the best answer if you are looking for rendering that is waterproof for your house or bathrooms. Just like with other methods of rendering, a polymer is added to the rendering mix which makes the material highly adhesive adding to its water-repelling qualities. You can imagine, of course, how costly this style of rendering can be because it is one of the best rendering products you can find.
Benefits of polymer rendering
- The most waterproof solution for wall rendering needs
- Highly adhesive which means it is flexible enough to stick perfectly on walls
- Can be used on all types of exterior surfaces including brick or wooden walls
- Can be used in bathrooms and laundry rooms as it prevents water seepage
- Most crack-resistant style of rendering
- Highly insulative properties that add to your property’s energy efficiency efforts
- Easy for the technician to mix and apply
- Protects your existing surfaces against strong winds and other environmental factors
Disadvantages of polymer rendering
- Newest in rendering technology, therefore hard to find and costly to purchase
- Is purchased in pre-mixed formulas therefore customisation is limited
- Is not flexible when it comes to colouring options
House rendering in Brisbane
Rapid Rendering is a business that is passionate about proficient servicing when it comes to your rendering. We’ve been a licensed and insured rendering technician for well over 15 years and we plan to be for many more. We’re proficient in all kinds of rendering, but we also specialise in house rendering because it is a unique skill. There are a number of other rendering services available to you as a client and we’re happy to talk through your options with you. We commit ourselves to perform render applications that not only make your home look significantly better but also protect its structural integrity. No matter the size of your home or the vision for your new rendering project, we’re your guys! Get in touch with us today via 1300 590 526 and get the best rendering services in Logan, Ipswich, Gold Coast and South Brisbane.